Tuesday 18 June 2013

My Personal Creed

Hi everyone,

This blog is just a record of my walk with God - my Christian Journey. I decided to begin this blog as I embark on a new chapter in my life. Hopefully I will be able to share my testimony at a later date!

I hope that as I follow Him and record the things He has done for me and His work in my life, His blessings upon me may bless you and encourage you in your Christian faith. This is the ultimate purpose of this blog: to share what God teaches me through His word and people around me, with you!

I was inspired as a child after reading the biographies of great Christian men and women, one of whom is still my hero, Abraham Lincoln. I was inspired after reading his personal creed regarding his belief in God to create my own:

My Personal Creed


-       I believe in God, the Almighty Ruler of Nations, our great, good and merciful Maker, our Father in Heaven, who notes the fall of a sparrow and numbers that hairs of our heads.
-        
-       I believe in His eternal truth and justice, I recognize the sublime truth announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history that these nations are only blest where God is their Lord.
-        
-       I believe that the Bible is the best gift, together with Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, which God has ever given to men. All the good from the Saviour of the world is communicated to us through the Scriptures, God’s word.

-       I believe that the will of God has, will, and forever will prevail. Without Him, all human reliance is vain.

Without the assistance of that divine Being, I cannot succeed.
With that assurance and assistance, I cannot fail.

-       I believe that I must be a humble instrument in the hands of my Heavenly Father, desiring that all my work and acts may be according to His will. I give my trust in Jesus Christ and promise to continue seeking His everlasting help and forgiveness, whilst forever thanking Him, for I am a debtor to His mercy and love.

-       I believe that it is right to recognize and confess the presence of the Almighty Father equally in our triumphs and in those sorrows which we may justly fear are a punishment/challenge inflicted upon us for our presumptuous sins to the needful end of our reformation.

This is my solemn oath, registered in heaven, in God’s holy Book of Life, to finish the work I am in, in this world, in full responsibility to my God, with malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right as God gives me to see the right, all the while, being His worthy witness for God’s glory.


May God's grace be with you all!

A

19 June 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment